Monday 12 April 2010

Way of life

I was reflecting earlier on how completely different life here is for me personally.
Personal and work get mixed up… You work till 8pm at night, then have an arm wrestle with your boss at bed time.
You drink a lot of water, but none of it comes from the tap.
The internet is your only way of communicating with friends/family, but you can only use it one or two times a week.
You enjoy worship with brothers and sisters, but don’t have a clue what they’re saying
You have responsibility for the team, but can’t follow conversations.
You have your own source of electricity, but use it only at certain times.
You have someone to cook for you, but the meals are limited in taste and variety.

None of these things have troubled me particularly, I’ve just taken them in my stride. But when I stop to think about it, everything – patterns of life and people in particular – is so different from the UK that it’s quite easy to be a bit detached. My life in Leamington happened to somebody else with little bearing on here and now… It’s a bit weird to think about and compare the two lives side by side!
Actually, something that did ‘bridge the two worlds’ was when I introduced Benoit to the West Wing with the familiar strains of the opening music!!!

It’s good to know that God is constant.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to know that God is speaking of his constancy through Season 6 of the West Wing

    ReplyDelete