Sunday 21 March 2010

African sounds from the window

I find it incredible that I’m sitting in my (very nice)guest house room listening to birds tweeting in distinctly unusual languages, with strains of gospel choruses sung below, as the sun sets over the Rwandese hills – yet I can just open up my laptop and connect with people round the world.

No problems with the flights at all, though there was about an hour stop over in Burundi. Unfortunately, the plane air conditioning didn’t work when stationary – so you can imagine the 150 odd people stuffed into this metal container doing Wizard of Oz impressions ‘I’m melting! I’m melting!’ It was a relief to get out into the 29 degrees heat outside! The views over Burundi and Rwanda were amazing – flat green valleys surrounded by mountains, all green.

Had a bit of an issue meeting up with the person I was supposed to at the airport – mainly because there were two sets of people to meet me and I went with one of them (the obvious one holding ‘Anna / Tearfund’) and then had a bit of a comedy act trying to get in contact with the other. All ok now though, we’ve met up and everyone knows where they are!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna - good luck with it all out there. I will follow your blog with interest x

    ReplyDelete