Sunday 21 March 2010

Breakfast at 1.30 in the morning

Travelling through time always creates some weird consequences. I ate dinner at about 10.30pm, 3 hours later I ate breakfast at 4.30am. 3 hours of the day have disappeared (although I claim one of them back later) and my body isn’t operating at either 11am or 8am – it just is.

The landing was very odd as well. We took off in the dark and we landed in the dark. We came down through cloud and rain, seeing lights about 15 seconds before we landed at 9,000 feet. I’m glad that modern tracking equipment is able to pinpoint out location with such preciseness!

I’m currently in the Transit lounge at Nairobi airport (though by the time I post this I’ll be elsewhere) where I’ve managed a couple of hours of kip on the hard chairs, along with numerous other people. There seems to be an unspoken rule that you can only claim 3 chairs each, with many faces unable to be seen under swathes of material. Judging by the snoring coming from one or two people they managed more sleep than I did. Though my travel pillow is definitely getting a tick under ‘useful items that one must carry around with you’!

No comments:

Post a Comment